Archive for the ‘Cooking with BSAM’ Category
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (3 1/2 – 4 pound) boneless pork loin 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chopped sweet onions, like Vidalia 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup cider vinegar 1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup ketchup 1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup dark molasses Sandwich buns
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
Place olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork loin and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
Pour off remaining olive oil from pan. Add onions and saute’, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add vinegar, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minutes. Pour vinegar mixture over pork loin in slow cooker.
Cook pork on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours, until pork is fork-tender.
Transfer pork to cutting board and shred. Return shredded pork to sauce and stir to combine.
Serve on sandwich buns. (Or, you can keep pork warm in cooker on low to serve later.)
- Costs less than eating out.
- Healthier Meals: You have control over ingredients!
- Custom-made meals: Use what your family likes – leave out ingredients that you don’t care for!
- Saves time on busy evenings.
- Reclaim dinner time as family time!
- Unexpected company meals ready!
- Easily provide a meal for families following illness/surgery/birth or a death in the family.
- You control the portion size! Divide recipe into portions that fit your family. If you make a recipe for 6 divide it into 3 packages for 2 people!
- Less waste!
- Lunches are a breeze! Have wraps and sandwiches ready to pull out of the freezer. They’ll be thawed out in time for lunch!